New kid on the block...

Für alle, die Hemmungen haben "Anfängerfragen" woanders zu stellen. Traut Euch! Vielleicht kann jemand helfen.

Moderator: RB

Antworten
Laser

New kid on the block...

Beitrag von Laser »

I want to apologise for using english on the forum, I am from Belgium, and yet my German is not good at all, and even worse in writing than it is when spoken. I know some Jean-Marie Pfaff's... and it ends there.

I am not new at guitar playing, but the passion for guitar developped quite late.
My first guitar playing was: sneeking in to my brother's room to play some classics on the nylon string. (Jeux interdits, Moustaki, Bach...), later on I played Cohen, Croce, Beatles, .... and I was astonished at how Harry Sacksioni played.
My first guitar - I still have it - was a Yamaha classic I bought with what I earned during vacation work. I did all the campfire stuff :-)

All of a sudden the playing stopped. And then 20 years later the virus got me again. I love Bensusan, Hedges, Emmanuel, Haselhoff, etc... It all turned to steel string, but when I have the chance I like to testplay high-end flamenca guitars. I fell in love with a Manuel Bellido (guitar that is!! 1A flamenco palosanto) lately, but I couldn't afford it at that time. Maybe some time later...

I don't have the ambition to be very good at guitar playing. I take some courses now and then, to get acqainted with some new techniques. And I have this handicap: I can't read any music notes. I hear something, then play it by hearing.

Guitars I owned or own are Yamaha APX8, Harmony Sovereign 1203, F. Hashimoto W350, Furch JV-61, Seagull S6+CW, and recently a A+M S3 from 1999 (with Fishman RE).
When amplified I use an LR Baggs M1 on an EB volume pedal, Marshall acoustic amp.

I like to facilitate exchanges between guitar players; on february 16 I organise an acoustic guitar players meeting in Zoutleeuw, Belgium, just to offer a location for players to meet, talk, exchange tips and tricks, maybe play some.. or jam. Flanders has little audience apparently for acoustic guitar, so maybe this event (and more to come) can change something and be a meeting point for enthousiasts.

Thanks for reading so far... I will leave you to work now, or to play some guitar.

Have fun!
A+M S3, Hashimoto W350
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hallo Laser und herzlich Willkommen hier
im Fingerpickerforum.

Ich denke, die meisten hier können Englisch
und/oder auch Französisch und lesen wirst
Du hier eh das meiste auf Deutsch müssen.

Viele Grüße, Nik
jo

Beitrag von jo »

Hi Laser,

willkommen hier und viel Spaß im Forum!

Gruß
Jo
Flow

Beitrag von Flow »

Hello!

I guess you'll enjoy the discussions in the community cause we're all guitareros and the guitar is our love!

I'll also hope you could understand the messages that are written in german.
Well i think if you don't understand anything you could ask someone in this forum cause they're alot of english speaking people !

Best wishes Flow :D
You're so clever... but clever ain't wise !
Joachim

Beitrag von Joachim »

Hello Laser,

welcome!

Welche Gitarrenheros habt Ihr in Belgien?
Gruss
Joachim :guitar1:

2006 - Kreul Nr. 29 - Tuja
2008 - Kreul Vollfichte Kreulevaro
2011 - Kopie Stauffer Gitarre (1804)
RB
Beitrag von RB »

Hi Laser, welcome. Do you understand German in writing ?
Laser

Beitrag von Laser »

Thank you all for your kind welcome!
Music speaks without boundaries.
I do read German alright, so I can pick up most of the posts on the forum. And I won't hesitate to ask for information when needed, thank you!

Belgium does not have many guitar 'heroes', but I would think there is a lot of hidden talent also.
Jacques Stotzem, Philipe Catherine, Aram Van Balaert, Raphaella Smits.... and there you have them.
There may be some diamond in the rough waiting to be discovered... which should be noticed by Peter Finger. I think he does some marvelous work bringing new talent into the open.

Have fun !
A+M S3, Hashimoto W350
Rolli
Beitrag von Rolli »

Hi Laser,
great to read you again You forgot Toots Thielemans.
He is not only one of the finest harmonica virtuosos but also
a first jazz guitarist. His biggest hit was Bluessete.
Have fun!
Rolli
Schöne Grüße, Rolli
www.daskulturgut.de - KulturGUT
www.rolandkalus.de - Gitarrencoaching
Laser

Beitrag von Laser »

Of course,
but Toots is so obvious in my memory and inherent to my musical wallpapers that I don't mention him anymore. He's beyond any comparison. I grew up with his music always around. He has an incredible timing. I saw him first when Philipe Catherine was just starting and Toots invited him to play in his performance.

Gilbert Isbin is making waves as an alround guitarist lately.

The folkscene is quite lively also. People like Maarten Decombel and Tom Theuns are active in a whole series of folk initiatives and are teachers to many young players in Flanders.

And I probably forgot some more here :-)
A+M S3, Hashimoto W350
jo

Beitrag von jo »

Hi Laser,

wir sind Dir auf jeden Fall dankbar, wenn Du uns Neues aus Belgien nahe bringst. Wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe, sprichst Du Vlaams, oder nicht?

Gruß
Jo
Laser

Beitrag von Laser »

Das stimmt, Jo,

ik spreek Vlaams!

Vlaams heeft wel wat weg van de Duitse taal, daarom kan ik het Duits wel lezen :-)

I will practice some german while I am around here, and make some attempts at it while writing some comments. That is the least I can do.
Feel free to correct my grammar whenever appropriate.

Viele Grüße!
A+M S3, Hashimoto W350
jo

Beitrag von jo »

Laser hat geschrieben:Das stimmt, Jo,

ik spreek Vlaams!

Vlaams heeft wel wat weg van de Duitse taal, daarom kan ik het Duits wel lezen :-)

I will practice some german while I am around here, and make some attempts at it while writing some comments. That is the least I can do.
Feel free to correct my grammar whenever appropriate.

Viele Grüße!
Ja, en ik praats en beetje Nederlands, maar niet goed. Lezen is niet zo moelijk, maar verstaan... :)

Gruß
Jo
saitentsauber

Beitrag von saitentsauber »

@ Laser: Du hast eine PN!
Laser

Beitrag von Laser »

Thank you,
I forwarded the answer.
A+M S3, Hashimoto W350
Antworten