JONI MITCHELL ARCHIVES VOL. 2: THE REPRISE YEARS (1968-1971)

Wer etwas empfehlen oder auf etwas hinweisen will (keine gewerbliche Eigenwerbung)

Moderator: RB

Antworten
Niels Cremer
JONI MITCHELL ARCHIVES VOL. 2: THE REPRISE YEARS (1968-1971)

Beitrag von Niels Cremer »

FB-post Joni Mitchell

Gerade einen post auf Joni Mitchell's FB-Seite gesehen, oben der Link,unten der Wortlaut:
“They came and told me, ‘Jimi Hendrix is here, and he’s at the front door.’ I went to meet him. He had a large box. He said to me, ‘My name is Jimi Hendrix. I’m on the same label as you. Reprise Records.’ We were both signed about the same time. He said, I’d like to record your show. Do you mind?’ I said, ‘no, not at all.’ There was a large reel-to-reel tape recorder in the box.” - Joni
Hendrix’s tape from that night was stolen a few days later, with the recording thought to be lost forever. The recording was recently discovered in a private collection that was donated to the Library and Archives Canada and returned to Joni. Now, over 50 years later, the recordings will be released on October 29 as part of JONI MITCHELL ARCHIVES VOL. 2: THE REPRISE YEARS (1968-1971).
As a preview, Joni’s performance of “The Dawntreader” from that night is available today digitally. Spotify Link
Eine wahnsinnig "intime" Aufnahme wie ich finde, so direkt und unpretenziös, man hat das Gefühl sie säße direkt vor einem! :D

LG,
Niels
Antworten